What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage (IHM) is a treatment based on old Ayurvedic (science of life/wisdom) techniques involving work on the upper back, shoulders, neck, arms, hands, scalp and face. Using a variety of massage movements, Indian head massage can help to relieve stress, reduce fatigue, invigorate and stimulate a person. Indian Head Massage is also used to aid the condition and health of the hair. Indian head massage is a non-invasive treatment in which clothing doesn’t have to be removed and a treatment can take place anywhere without the need of a lot of equipment. A treatment will last between 20 minutes to one hour. Indian head massage uses oils for the benefit of the hair, skin, mind and spirit of a person.
Indian head massage aims to restore balance and inner harmony to the mind, body and spirit to improve the health of an individual.
Physiological benefits of Indian head massage
- Increases flexibility in the shoulders and neck.
- Helps to relieve congestion in the head.
- Has been known to reduce oedema.
- Helps to nourish tissues and encourage healing.
- Improves mobility in stiff joints.
- Improves the condition of the skin.
- Increases lymphatic flow that helps the body to eliminate waste.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Helps to relive headaches.
- Helps to relieve eyestrain.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Increases oxygen in the tissues.
- Loosens the scalp area.
- Relaxation of the muscles.
- Helps to break down fibrous adhesions, knots and nodules.
- Promotes sleep.
- Can help postural problems.
- Encourages cell regeneration.
Psychological benefits of Indian head massage
- Reduces stress.
- Promotes sleep.
- Can promote clearer thinking.
- Helps to bring on a state of relaxation.
- Help to reduce mental tiredness.
- Improves concentration.
- Releases stagnant energy.
- Creates a feeling of happiness.
- Rebalances energy flow.
- Lowers stress levels
- Helps to calm feelings of irritability.
- Help to relieve depression.
- Creates a feeling of being calm and balanced.
- Elevates moods.
Feel Better Days
33a High Street, Bridgwater, Somerset.
Tel: 01278 427115
Book an Appointment
Click the button to visit our online booking system where you can make an appointment.
Monday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm